This is great if, for example, you are using the app for your accounts on a Mac and your partner is managing their own accounts on their iPad. But what if you want to change the device you are using to manage your own accounts? For example, you want to change from the Mac to your iPhone?
Luckily, since v4.3 this is relatively easy to do. Just follow the steps below:
- Install the latest version of Clever Net Worth on your new device
- If you purchased the Unlock Accounts inapp on your old device, ensure you have restored the purchase on your new device:
- Tap 'Settings & Support'
- Tap the 'New A/Cs Remaining = .... to UNLOCK'
- Tap the 'Restore' button
iPhone / iPad - opening the data file folder
Mac - opening the data file folder
- Open a new Finder window and click the search icon:
- Type 'CNWaccounts' into the search box and press enter:
- Right click on the file CNWaccounts.txt and then select the option 'Show in Enclosing Folder':
- Your folder containing the 3 data files will be displayed.
Transfer the files from the old folder to the new folder
- SELECT and COPY the 3 files in the old device folder, and PASTE into the new device folder - note: you want to replace the files already in the new device folder.
- Select and COPY the 3 files in the old device folder, and PASTE into a shared folder (like your iCloud drive if setup). Access this shared area on your new device and move the files into the new folder replacing the files already there.
- Select the 3 files in the old device folder and add them to a new MAIL message and mail them to yourself. Then open the mail on the new device and SAVE the attached files into the new device folder