Clever Contacts can assist you to find a suitable photo if you don't have one already in your photo library. Just follow these steps:
- Find the person by scrolling or searching through one of your group lists. Tap on them to see the detailed person view.
- Tap of their photo.
- Now tap on "Assisted Web Search". This will open a window in the Safari web browser on the Google Image Search page. The search term will be automatically set to the full name of the person.
- Scroll through and see if any of the images are suitable. Remember to also check that you are allowed to use the image (it isn't licensed or in some other way protected). Tap on that image to bring up a larger version.
- Now hold down on the photo until a dialog pops up with a "Save Image" button. Tap this to save a copy of the image to your photo library.
- Return to Clever Contacts by tapping the "Done" button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Finally tap "Choose Photo" and select the recently downloaded image from your photo library. Now tap "Done" again in the top left and your entry will have the photo displayed you found on the web.
Too many words? Here's a picture version.